Beer and Cider Coming to More Grocery Stores in Brampton
When we first heard whispers that select alcoholic beverages (only wine, beer and cider) were coming to Ontario grocery stores, we couldn’t have been more thrilled.
No, hard liquor wasn’t about to make its way to Loblaws and yes, there would be some caveats involved with the roll out (same LCBO prices and restrictions on late-night purchases), but the the news was welcome and lucky for us, the roll outs have continued.
The Ontario government just announced that beer and cider are coming to 87 more grocery stores in April.
Of those 87, five are located in Brampton.
The province says the winning grocers were selected via a competitive bidding process held by the LCBO. The lucky winners will join over 200 grocery stores already authorized to sell beer and cider, bringing the total number of Ontario grocery stores offering the beverages to 370.
Vino lovers should also note that up to 70 of these stores can also sell wine.
Bringing beer, cider and wine to grocery stores is part of the largest change to alcohol retailing in the province since prohibition (and a sign that we’re slowly but surely embracing slightly more liberal alcohol retail policies).
So, which Brampton grocers will soon have beer and cider?
- Fortinos - 55 Mountainash Rd.
- Fortinos - 60 Quarry Edge Dr.
- Real Canadian Superstore - 85 Steeles Ave. W.
- Walmart - 5085 Mayfield Rd.
- Walmart - 9455 Mississauga Rd.
The province says grocers selling beer, cider or wine must have designated sales areas and standard hours of sale, abide by limitations on package size and alcohol content, and meet staffing and social responsibility training requirements.
Ultimately, beer and cider will be available in up to 450 grocery stores, including up to 300 that will also sell wine.
“The rollout of beer and cider in grocery stores has increased convenience for consumers and expanded opportunities for grocers, breweries and cideries to grow their businesses and create more jobs,” says Charles Sousa, Minister of Finance.
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Two Brampton man face charges after woman is struck by car
- Here’s how much detached house prices have risen in Brampton in just one year
- More Major Grocery Stores Now Sell Beer and Cider in Brampton
- Even More Grocery Stores in Brampton Could Soon Sell Beer and Cider
- Alcohol Coming to More Big-Name Grocery Stores in Brampton
- More Beer Could be Coming to More Brampton Grocery Stores
- Here are All the Grocery Stores You Can Get Booze at in Brampton