Beloved Brampton Cupcake Shop Moving to New Location
Heads up, cupcake lovers! A very popular and delicious cupcake shop in Brampton is changing locations.
So don’t be disappointed when you show up at 17 Ray Lawson Boulevard and can’t find any cupcakes (or custom cakes, or even cookies.)
Cristina’s Tortina Shop is moving from 17 Ray Lawson Boulevard to a more central location in downtown Brampton, at 332 Main Street North, according to the shop’s website. The new location is near Main and Vodden.
The beloved Brampton bakery prides itself on creating equal employment opportunities for people with Down syndrome and other special needs - aka. Exceptionalities, in the words of owner Mary Iusso.
Iusso created the shop for her daughter Cristina, and others with Down syndrome and other Exceptionalities.
Cristina’s Tortina Shop is currently undergoing some renovations at their new spot on Main prior to their “ReGrand Opening.”
The reopening is expected in about three weeks, though an official date has yet to be confirmed. We will provide an update when information becomes available!
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 554 new cases, 79 of those in Peel