Big Infrastructure News for Brampton
Roads, transit, water systems, and beyond - some say a city is only as strong as its infrastructure. Now, Brampton is getting a big investment from the federal government that will bring upgrades to the entire city.
The feds recently announced that the first of two annual funding transfers is now available for more than 600 communities across the province, under the federal Gas Tax Fund (GTF).
And it means Brampton is getting $16,687,066 for its infrastructure projects.
It’s true that Brampton is already planning for the windfall.
Bridge repairs, new buses, new bus shelters, bus upgrades, road resurfacing projects, and even community centre repairs are all part of the plan, according to the City’s most recent budget rundown.
What exactly is the GTF?
The GTF addresses the “most pressing local needs.” The money comes to Brampton through the Association of Municipalities of Ontario.
It’s providing over $819 million this year for municipal infrastructure projects across Canada.
To learn more about the GTF, click here.
- Government Injects Even More Money Into Infrastructure in Brampton
- Feds Funding Three Border Infrastructure Projects
- Brampton Set to Receive Massive Transit Investment from Federal Government
- Brampton's Getting a Major Investment from the Federal Government
- Over 100 Ontario Hospitals to Undergo Repairs This Year