Big News About Your Ontario Health Card
That little green Ontario health card is finally getting with the times.
Unless you’re still hoarding the red and white that’s taped together (you know who you are).
People across Ontario can now renew their photo health card online.
"This is another step in our government's commitment to bring more and more services online,” said Minister of Government and Consumer Services Tracy MacCharles.
“It builds on the other options our government provides, such as the online driver's license renewal and the integrated online address change system; this is an important addition to ServiceOntario's online options."
To renew a health card online, people in Ontario need: a valid driver’s licence to verify identity as a security measure; to have lived at the same address at least 90 days prior to renewing; to keep all other personal details the same.
Individuals can still choose to renew their health card in-person at nearly 300 ServiceOntario centres Ontario-wide.
Some locations are open on weekends and evenings and others allow you to skip the line by making an appointment.
Renewing a health card is free, however, regular fees apply to renew your driver's licence, and are the same both online and in-person.
Keep in mind, if your identity can’t be verified online, you’ll need to renew your health card in-person.
If you need a photo for your health card or driver's licence, renewing both at the same time in-person will improve your chances of being able to renew both online the next time around.
- UPDATE: New Information Revealed as Police Search for Missing Brampton Woman
- PHOTOS: A New Residential Neighbourhood Is Coming To Brampton
- Tactical Officers on Scene for Shooting in Brampton
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group
- Provincial Government Plans to Move Ahead With Controversial Cuts in 2020
- Here's How the Ontario Government is Improving Mental Health and Addiction Services Across the Province
- Here’s How To Protect Yourself From Credit Card Scams
- You Can Now Find Wait Times Info Online for Surgeries and Procedures
- Here's What the New Ontario Driver's Licence Will Look Like
- Police Warning Residents of Growing Online Advertisement Scam