Big Snowfall Set to Hit Brampton This Afternoon
It's going to be a really, really weird weekend weather-wise.
The Weather Network recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Brampton. According to Environment Canada, we can expect about 10 centimeters of snowfall this afternoon and evening.
"An Alberta Clipper sailing towards Southern Ontario will spread snow across the region by this afternoon," the report reads. "Snowfall amounts near 10 centimetres are expected in most areas by the time the snow ends by midnight in the wake of the clipper."
Naturally, this snow will affect your afternoon commute, so it might be best to go slow and give yourself lots of extra time—especially since the roads will be snow-covered and slippery. Low visibility due to blowing snow could also affect certain areas.
Oddly enough, tomorrow (Saturday, Feb. 11) should be a balmy +7 degrees.
On Sunday, we can expect light snow (2-4 cm) and temperatures of about 1 degree C.
Stay safe and drive carefully, everyone!
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton