Big Snowfall Set to Hit Brampton This Afternoon
It's going to be a really, really weird weekend weather-wise.
The Weather Network recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Brampton. According to Environment Canada, we can expect about 10 centimeters of snowfall this afternoon and evening.
"An Alberta Clipper sailing towards Southern Ontario will spread snow across the region by this afternoon," the report reads. "Snowfall amounts near 10 centimetres are expected in most areas by the time the snow ends by midnight in the wake of the clipper."
Naturally, this snow will affect your afternoon commute, so it might be best to go slow and give yourself lots of extra time—especially since the roads will be snow-covered and slippery. Low visibility due to blowing snow could also affect certain areas.
Oddly enough, tomorrow (Saturday, Feb. 11) should be a balmy +7 degrees.
On Sunday, we can expect light snow (2-4 cm) and temperatures of about 1 degree C.
Stay safe and drive carefully, everyone!
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Two pedestrians hospitalized after being struck by vehicle in Brampton