Body Found in Chinguacousy Park in Brampton
A body was recently found in Chinguacousy Park in Brampton.
According to Peel Police Const. Harinder Sohi, a call came in regarding the discovery at 11:27 p.m. A passerby spotted the body floating in a pond in the park and called police.
The body belongs to a female who has not yet been identified.
Police, along with Brampton Fire and Emergency Services and Peel Paramedics, are in the area investigating the incident.
It’s too early to say if the death is suspicious.
Access to Chinguacousy Park is restricted to corner of Bramalea Road and Central Park Drive.
UPDATE: Police do not suspect foul play.
(Photo Brampton Fire/Twitter)
Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this article identified the victim as male. The report was based on early information and was updated when police confirmed the victim was female. We apologize for any confusion.
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Brampton council passes motion in support of long-term care
- BREAKING: Body of Murdered 14-Year-Old Boy Found in Park Area in Peel
- Police Investigating After Body Found in Brampton
- Peel Police Investigating Dead Body Found In Brampton
- UPDATED: Police Investigating After Body Discovered in Vehicle in Brampton
- Police Identify Dead Body of Brampton Man Found in River