Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask opts out of rest of NHL playoffs
TORONTO — Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask has opted out of the NHL’s playoffs and will be leaving the Toronto secure zone.
Rask made the announcement before Game 3 of the Bruins-Carolina Hurricanes playoff series on Saturday.
Rask says in a statement being with his family is more important than hockey for him right now.
An NHL all-star this year, Rask won the Vezina Trophy as the NHL’s top goaltender in 2014. He helped the Bruins win a Stanley Cup in 2011.
Photo courtesy of NHL.com
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Police seeking public’s assistance in identifying suspect in connection to sexual assault in Brampton
- Two Brampton man face charges after woman is struck by car
- COVID-19 hits more schools amid growing fears of pandemic’s second wave
- Ontario teachers no longer self-isolating after coming into contact with individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Raptors and Celtics set to revive Toronto-Boston sports rivalry
- Ayres donates goalie stick to Hockey Hall of Fame; understands EBUG concerns
- Adorable Video of 8-Year-Old Dancing Brampton Goalie Goes Viral
- Toronto Blue Jays working to earn first playoff berth since 2016
- Leafs still have a chance to raise Stanley Cup in 2020