Boston Pizza selling smile-pizzas to provide funding for Kids Help Phone
Boston Pizza wants customers to help make kids smile... by taking a big bite out of one.
Starting April 29, Boston Pizza is bringing back their Heart-Shaped Smile Pepperoni Pizza--usually reserved for Valentine's Day--to help support Kids Help Phone--$1 of the proceeds from every heart-shaped pizza will go to Kids Help Phone.
"Boston Pizza's locally-owned restaurants have a history of giving back within their communities, as does Boston Pizza Foundation Future Prospects; this is a great opportunity to support Kids Help Phone at a time when it matters most", Peter Blackwell, senior vice president of marketing for Boston Pizza, said in a news release.
During the pandemic, Kids Help Phone has seen a significant increase in the number of youths seeking support.
"Kids Help Phone has experienced a nearly 400 per cent increase in calls/texts related to COVID-19 since mid-March, pointing to the depth and breadth of the mental health impact on Canada's youth", said Katherine Hay, president and CEO of Kids Help Phone, said in the same release.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Ottawa sets minimum unemployment rate at 13.1 per cent for EI calculation
- Would You Order a Heart-Shaped Pizza For Valentine's Day?
- COVID-19: Trudeau announces massive funding for Kids Help Phone and programs for seniors
- Here's How You Can Get A Pizza For Only $4.20 In Brampton
- Pizza Pizza introducing new tamper-proof box
- Pizza Pizza Introduces New Meat Alternatives To Its Menu