Bramalea City Centre By The Numbers
While most people know Bramalea City Centre is an ideal place to dine and shop in Brampton, few probably think about the hard—but fun—numbers associated with the ever-evolving (and ever more chic and stylishly designed) shopping centre.
Did you know that in 2017, BCC was ranked the seventh largest mall in Canada? That might not be the case anymore, but a recent study commissioned by the Retail Council of Canada breaks down Canadian malls by a series of interesting numbers (such as how many sales they make per square foot) and has revealed a few fun facts that you might not know about Brampton's signature mall.
Take a look at some interesting numbers—and see how the mall stacks up against its local and national counterparts—below:
$580 - BCC Sales Per Square Foot (enclosed mall only)
($1,653 - #1 Yorkdale Shopping Centre)
1,499,782 square feet - BCC Gross Leasable Area
(3,200,000 SqFt - #1 West Edmonton Mall)
Anchors over 50,000 square feet:
Hudson's Bay 131,438 square feet
Metro 63,809 square feet
Sears 157,156 square feet (closing)
16,000,000 - BCC Annual Pedestrian Count
(50,100,000 - #1 Toronto Eaton Centre)
6,109 - BCC Parking Spaces
(21,152 - #1 West Edmonton Mall)
Yes! Former Target is waiting on more new retailers (Saks off 5th joined the space last year), and Sears is closing so something will need to take over the space.
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Massive New Shopping Mall Expansion Set to Open Very Soon
- More Pop-Up Shops Coming to Bramalea City Centre
- PHOTOS: Here's What Brampton's Mega Mall Could Look Like
- Bramalea City Centre Hosting Major Event for Mother's Day
- 5 Things We'd Like to See Take Over the Sears Location at Bramalea City Centre