Brampton Among the Top 10 Overall Mid-Sized American Cities of the Future
It's hard to miss that Brampton is growing into a hub for innovation and a leader in the global marketplace.
Recently, Brampton was recognized as a Top 10 Mid-Sized American City of the Future 2017/2018 by fDi Intelligence, a division of the Financial Times (UK).
"We're proud of our rankings, and look forward to doing even better in the years to come. New developments and expansion only give more reasons for businesses to invest in our city. We are disrupting the status quo in Brampton, and providing businesses the tools necessary to compete in the global market," said Mayor Linda Jeffrey.
Brampton was ranked against 75 cities across the Americas in the Mid-Sized American City category. Brampton also placed second in Business Friendliness and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Strategy, and received a Top 10 ranking in Connectivity.
"We're ready to support businesses in Brampton. We're modernizing, collaborating, partnering and innovating to reflect our city's reality and the best path to greater economic success," added Jeff Bowman, City Councillor and Economic Development and Culture Committee Chair.
The fDi ranking are renewed every two years, and Brampton has been recognized for the past six years in similar categories.The cities on the shortlist of Mid-Sized American Cities of the Future in particular were analysed under Economic Potential, Business Friendliness, Human Capital and Lifestyle, Cost Effectiveness and Connectivity.
With these awards, Brampton is recognized as a leader in the global marketplace, and a great place to invest.
Our city is definitely gearing up for the future.
- A $1 million lotto ticket was sold in Brampton
- Police searching for missing 16-year-old boy from Brampton
- Road closures in place due to leak in Brampton
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Ontario will need to recall defective licence plates, cabinet minister says
- Brampton Makes This Prestigious List as a City of the Future
- Brampton Starts New Strategy to Be Recognized in the Global Market
- Brampton Reveals Economic Review 2016
- Brampton To Allow More Foreign Workers With New Economic Strategy
- City Seeks Public Feedback on What Brampton Should Look Like in the Future