Brampton-Area Gymnastics Coach Charged With Sexual Assault
A gymnastics coach is facing charges in connection with an alleged sexual assault against a 15-year-old girl.
Peel police say that earlier this year, investigators were contacted by the victim, a 15 year-old girl from the Region of Peel, to report multiple sex-related criminal incidents that allegedly occurred over a four-year period.
On Friday, Jan. 26, a Canada wide arrest warrant was issued for 28-year-old Scott McFarlane.
On Monday, Jan. 29, McFarlane turned himself in and was subsequently charged with sexual assault, sexual interference, child luring, making sexually explicit material to a person under 16 and indecent exposure to a person under 16.
Police say the accused was an active gymnastic coach in Brampton and Mississauga. He also coached in Oakville, Ottawa, and Western Canada.
Police say he has been suspended indefinitely by Gymnastics Ontario.
Investigators from the Special Victims Unit believe that there may be more victims and/or witnesses and are asking anyone who had contact with the accused to contact the Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Police Arrest Man in Connection with Sexual Assault on 12-Year-Old in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged in Alleged Sexual Assault of 12-Year-Old Girl
- Police Identify Man Charged in Sexual Assault Investigation in Brampton
- High School Teacher from Brampton Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault in Peel Region