Brampton Bike Tours Start This Month
Brampton was recently named a bicycle friendly community, and with that designation, the city will be holding cycling tours all summer!
With summer at our doorsteps, The Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee is holding a series of free casual cycling tours from May to September, led by citizen volunteers. The first tour takes place on May 28.
All cyclists are welcome whether or not they're from Brampton, and participants have a choice of a five or 15 kilometre route, depending on their comfort level.
Cycling is both fun and excellent exercise, but it can be hard to enjoy leisurely bike rides in bustling cities like Brampton, as one must navigate busy streets before making it to serene parks and green spaces.
These group rides provide opportunities for residents and visitors to explore Brampton on their bicycles, meet other cyclists and enjoy a free refreshment.
Each tour begins at a central spot in Brampton ideal to go exploring from, such as the Rose Theatre, Jim Archdekin Recreation Centre, or the Fire Education Centre at Chinguacousy Park.
All participants are asked to bring their bikes, helmets, and senses of adventure to learn about cycling in Brampton and explore the city.
Cyclists are encouraged to pre-register online. Last-minute riders will also be accommodated.
Click here for a list of dates and locations, and to register.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with over 100 cases found in Brampton
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- City of Brampton will now issue fines to enforce physical distancing amid COVID-19 outbreak
- COVID-19 measures could be in place for 'many, many weeks, if not months': PM