Brampton Boy Making Toronto FC Fans Proud
If you're pumped to watch Toronto FC take on the Seattle Sounders tonight at BMO Field (and if you are, hopefully you're planning to take in the action at Garden Square, you might want to ensure you're cheering Brampton-raised player Jonathan Osorio just a little bit harder.
The 24-year-old player, who is of Colombian descent, was born in Toronto but raised in B-Town and is currently a midfielder for TO's team.
Like many accomplished athletes, he started young. According to his bio, he started playing when he was just four years old. When he was seven-years-old, his family moved from Toronto to Brampton and he joined the Brampton Youth SC when he was 12.
In terms of other accomplishments, he was just 20-years-old when he made his debut on the Canadian National Team.
So, when you're watching tonight's game, keep an eye out for Osorio. It's not every day that a local athlete makes it to the big leagues.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- Watch the Toronto Raptor's First Game of the NBA Finals Tonight in Garden Square
- Here's Everything You Need to Know About Tonight's NBA Finals Game in Garden Square
- Canadian NBA player Cory Joseph donating face shields to Toronto-area medical workers
- Watch the MLS CUP on the Big Screen at Garden Square in Brampton
- The Toronto Raptors Will Be Playing on Christmas Day Next Season