Brampton Carjacking Suspect Crashes in Mississauga
A man is in handcuffs after allegedly carjacking a vehicle at knifepoint in Brampton then crashing into a bus in Mississauga on Tuesday morning.
“Charges are pending,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Rachel Gibbs.
It started at 7:36 a.m. near Steeles Ave. and Rutherford Rd.
That’s when a male approached the victim holding a knife and made a demand for the car.
The victim wasn’t injured.
The man left in the vehicle.
At 7:54 a.m. a call came in from Malton about a fail to remain crash at Darcel Ave. and Middleshire Dr., roughly 20 kms away.
“It looks like the same vehicle was involved in a collision with a Mississauga Transit bus but the driver of the vehicle took off on foot,” said Gibbs.
Canine and tactical units searched the area and found the man.
No one on the bus was injured, said Gibbs.
The central robbery unit is investigating.
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- One Group Will No Longer Have to Pay Property Tax in Brampton
- Feds Cracking Down on Phantom Vehicles
- Brampton House of the Week: Massive $5.6 Million Custom Estate Home
- Freezing Rain Expected to Hit Brampton This Week