Brampton Celebrates Being Active and Healthy Next Month
Summer is right around the corner, and Brampton is planning loads of events for residents to go out and have fun!
Next month Brampton is celebrating June is Recreation Month, giving Bramptonians an excuse to go outside and enjoy the different recreational facilities offered in the city including playgrounds, picnic areas, tennis courts, sports fields, skateboard parks and beautiful open spaces.
The City will also be hosting a range of events to celebrate the month, including:
National Health and Fitness Day: On June 1 from 10 am to 12 pm residents can go to Chinguacousy Park for a scavenger hunt, Zumba and health and wellness booths.
Rock Climbing Try-its: On June 10 to 16 residents can visit the Ken Giles Recreation Centre and try Brampton's newest amenity.
Activities in the Park: On June 10 to 13 residents can visit various locations across the city where children can play camp games and meet camp leaders before the official camp season begins on July 2.
International Yoga Day: On June 21 from 7 pm to 9 pm residents can visit Mount Pleasant Community Centre for outdoor yoga for an evening.
"June is Recreation Month is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy Brampton's state-of-the-art facilities, open spaces and the many programs we offer," said Mayor Patrick Brown. "Brampton is a Healthy and Safe City, and I encourage residents of all ages to try a new sport or enjoy a day at the park with their families and friends."
Brampton has more than 25 community centres, which offer 11 swimming pools, 17 ice rinks, fitness facilities, indoor sports fields, outdoor splash pads and a variety of programs for all ages and abilities.
You can learn more about June is Recreation Month at www.brampton.ca/recmonth.
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Two Brampton man face charges after woman is struck by car
- COVID-19 hits more schools amid growing fears of pandemic’s second wave
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Brampton Community Centres Host Drop-in Fitness Programs for Recreation Month
- Patrick Brown Declares June as Filipino Heritage Month
- Brampton Celebrates Seniors Month With Week-Long Events
- Brampton seeking community feedback for City's new massive recreational park
- The City Just Opened Many Courts Dedicated To This Unique Sport