Brampton Celebrates Its Diversity With a New Cultural Event
The city of Brampton will be hosting the city’s first Community Iftar, during the holy month of Ramadan.
The event will take place on Thursday, May 16, 2019, at Garden Square and will celebrate Brampton’s diversity with a cultural program and food.
Iftar is the evening meal that Muslims end their daily Ramadan fast during sunset.
The event will start at 7 pm and will feature a spiritual stage program, cultural displays from various countries around the world, and special guest speakers. After the stage program, the dinner will be served.
Collective Maghrib prayers will be held at 9:00 pm.
You can read more about the Community Iftar here.
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases