Brampton councillor accused of sexual misconduct
Gurpreet Dhillon, Wards 9 and 10 councillor for the city of Brampton, has been accused of sexual misconduct during a recent trade mission to Turkey.
In a statement, the city of Brampton said, “Upon learning of the allegations, City of Brampton officials immediately brought the matter to the attention of both the Peel Regional Police Service and Brampton’s Integrity Commissioner for their review and consideration."
"Given that this is a matter that has been referred to police, it would be inappropriate for city officials to make any further comment at this time."
The city of Brampton added that they have “a policy of zero tolerance regarding any type of sexual misconduct, harassment, or bullying" and concluded the statement by saying that "additional information regarding any further steps that the city may take in response to these allegations will be provided to the public as soon as the city is able to do so."
After contacting Peel police, they said that they are aware of the allegation and because the alleged incident occurred in Turkey outside of Peel police jurisdiction, all information provided by the complainant has been passed on to the Turkish police.
- Brampton councillor denies allegations of sexual misconduct
- Integrity commissioner suggests suspension without pay for Brampton councillor accused of sexual assault
- Brampton Woman Sues City of Mississauga for $2.5 Million Following Alleged Sexual Assault Incident
- Peel Police Investigating Alleged Sexual Assaults by Hedley Frontman Jacob Hoggard
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault