Brampton Currently Experiencing Extreme Cold
It looks our balmy winter has come to a temporary end, as Brampton and surrounding areas are currently experiencing some decidedly chilly temperatures (but it’s going to get warmer again next week, so hang in there).
Health authorities and cities surrounding Brampton (including Toronto and Mississauga) have issued extreme cold weather alerts.
Extreme cold weather alerts are typically issued when temperatures drop to -15 or colder (windchill factored in). Right now, temperatures sit at -6 (but they feel like that magical -16).
Experts are advising residents to stay indoors as much as possible, dress appropriately (wear multiple layers and cover as much exposed skin as possible), drink warm fluids (but avoid alcohol or caffeine if possible), reschedule any outdoor plans and bring all pets indoors if they are not inside already.
Stay warm, Brampton!
- These stores are now open at Bramalea City Centre in Brampton
- Brampton principal temporarily removed for 'xenophobic and racist' remark
- Creators of 6ixBuzz possibly doxed via social media
- House struck during two-vehicle collision in Brampton
- Premier Doug Ford reveals Brampton is "hot spot" for COVID-19