Brampton Custodian Enjoying Big Lotto Win
A very lucky Brampton woman is enjoying a big lotto win.
OLG recently congratulated Gisele Burgess for winning $100,000 with Encore (April 6, 2019 Lotto 6/49 draw). Burgess matched six of the seven Encore numbers in exact order to win the $100,000 prize. She also won $5 on her Lotto 6/49 selection, bringing her total winnings to $100,005.
“I play Lotto 6/49, Lotto Max, Lottario and Ontario 49,” Burgess told OLG. “I also play many Instant games.”
Burgess, a 71-year-old custodian, checked her ticket at the gas station when she realized she won big.
“I was crying and shaking,” she told OLG. “This win feels great. So fantastic and exciting!”
OLG says the mother of three and grandmother of six plans on completing some kitchen and bathroom renovations, vacationing in Hawaii and saving for retirement.
Encore can be played in conjunction with most online lottery games for an extra $1. There is an Encore draw every day.
The winning ticket was purchased at Brampton Bingo Country on Bovaird Drive in Brampton.
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Street race results in car crashing into Brampton home
- Police investigating a vehicle stolen in Brampton that had a dog in the back
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- "The justice system failed us": Mayor Patrick Brown angrily responds after Brampton shooting leaves woman dead