Brampton Experiencing Extreme Cold
While we've had a few chilly days, we've been pretty spoiled this winter and have, thus far, been spared polar vortex-esque cold.
That said, health authorities and cities surrounding Brampton (including Toronto and Mississauga) have issued extreme cold weather alerts.
Extreme cold weather alerts are typically issued when temperatures drop to -15 or colder (windchill factored in). Right now, temperatures sit at -7 (but they feel like that magical -15).
Experts are advising residents to stay indoors as much as possible, dress appropriately (wear multiple layers and cover as much exposed skin as possible), drink warm fluids (but avoid alcohol or caffeine if possible), reschedule any outdoor plans and bring all pets indoors if they are not inside already.
Stay warm, Brampton!
- Brampton intersection closed after vehicle flipped over, traffic light knocked down
- What's Open and Closed Canada Day in Brampton
- Brampton hosting drive-thru Canada Day experience
- Police investigating shooting near Jayfield Park in Brampton
- Two arrested for string of distraction thefts targeting residents in Peel and the GTA