Brampton family seeking help after two boys slain in their home
On the night of Wednesday, Nov. 6, police responded to a medical assist call at a residence on Hiberton Crescent in Brampton.
Upon arrival, a 12-year-old boy and a 9-year-old boy were located deceased within the residence.
The CBC says that neighbours have identified the young victims as Jonathan Bastidas, 12, and Nicholas Bastidas, 9. According to the CBC, the boys lived in the home with their mother, father and aunt.
On Thursday, Nov. 7, the father of the two victims, Edwin Bastidas, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder.
A Go Fund Me page has been set up help the family.
“With deepest sorrow, I am reaching out to everyone on behalf of my dear friend and sister Sylvana Ruggerio,” said the page’s organizer, Jamie Bennett.
“On Wednesday, November 6, 2019, Heaven took both of her beautiful angels Jonathan (12) and Nicolas (9) too soon. I am asking for your support in helping Sylvana and her family during this difficult time to raise money to help them get through this tough time of mourning,” she wrote on the page.
To view and donate to their Go Fund Me page, click here.
Photo courtesy of the Go Fund Me page.
- Father charged in connection with the murder of two Brampton children
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Family Following Double Murder-Suicide In Brampton
- Brampton father accused of killing 2 sons due back in court
- GoFundMe Page Created For Brampton Family Following Airline Tragedy
- UPDATE: Brampton Family of Six Identified as Victims of Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crash