Brampton father of six celebrating Lotto win
Brampton resident Paulo Venceslau Ferreira has 25,000 reasons to celebrate this year... and every other year for the next decade.
Ferreira matched all five main numbers to win a second prize of $25,000 a year for life with DAILY GRAND in the July 9, 2020 draw.
Another second-prize-winning ticket was sold in another province so Paulo shared the $500,000 lump sum prize with the other winner, with each winner's prize share totaling $250,000.
The 58-year-old father of six discovered his ticket was a winner using the OLG Lottery App.
"The Big Winner messages came up and I screamed. My wife was at the table with the kids and thought something was wrong," he said.
"I showed her my phone and she was so happy. We left immediately to go to the store to have the ticket validated," he continued.
Ferreira intends to use the money on his family.
"We'll share some with our kids. We'd like to travel but now is not the time, but we will think about celebrating with a backyard barbecue," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at a Shoppers Drug Mart on Central Park Drive in Brampton.
The OLG Prize Centre in Toronto has resumed in-person prize claims for winning-ticket holders of $50,000 or more by appointment only.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Police searching for suspects of carjacking with knife in Brampton