Brampton Fire Investigating Electrical Issue at Peel Police Station
It looks like an electrical issue may have sparked a fire of sorts at the Peel police headquarters in Brampton.
Shortly before 3:00 p.m., Brampton Fire announced that crews were called to investigate after people smelled smoke at the station. A short time later, the organization said that the incident had been upgraded to a full alarm.
Shortly before 4:00 p.m., Peel police confirmed that fire crews were on scene at the headquarters investigating an electrical issue.
According to police, certain portions of the building were evacuated for cautionary reasons and fans are currently being used to air out some sections.
No injuries have been reported at this time.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Brampton making changes to transit routes starting March 31