Brampton Fire Sends Seven People to Hospital
Seven people are in hospital after fire broke out at a Brampton apartment building early Saturday and the Ontario Fire Marshal’s Office is being called in to investigate.
“It looks like it was deliberately set,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Bancroft Wright.
Emergency crews rushed to 5 Kings Cross, near Queen St. E. and Bramalea Rd., at 4:14 a.m.
The eighth-floor fire is believed to have been started with a couch in the hallway that was set ablaze.
Peel paramedics treated seven patients, including adults and children, who were transported to hospital for smoke inhalation.
The fire was knocked down.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 21 Division’s criminal investigation bureau at 905-453-2121 ext. 2100 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
UPDATE: Southbound Kings Cross road is open as of 12:39 p.m.
UPDATE: Residents from the 8th floor are displaced and won’t be able to return to the building.
- Police Seeking Suspect After Woman Assaulted in Brampton
- Police Responding to "Offensive Weapons" Call in Brampton
- New Costco Location Set to Open Very Close to Brampton
- Police Looking for Suspect After Woman Reports Assault in Brampton Park
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Brampton Hit and Run Leaves Man in Critical Condition
- Police Investigating Arson at Brampton Apartment Building
- Fire Crews on Scene at Apartment Building Blaze in Brampton
- Brampton Fire Chief Urging Residents to Use Smoke Detectors After Three People Die in Fire
- Three People Dead, Young Girl Seriously Injured in Brampton Fire
- Crews on Scene of Fire in Brampton