Brampton G1 Driver Charged With Stunt Driving
An 18-year-old from Brampton has been charged with stunt driving.
According to Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) in Caledon, the incident occurred on Wednesday July 11 at 3:43 p.m.
A recent release from the OPP reads that an officer was conducting lidar enforcement on Highway 10 south of Beechgrove Side Road in Caledon when he observed a black 2007 Acura TL travelling at a high rate of speed above the posted speed limit.
Police say that the vehicle was going 153 km/hr in a posted 80 km/hr zone.
Jah-Laun Smart, 18, of Brampton, was charged with Race a Motor Vehicle - Excessive Speed, Class G1 Licence Holder - Unaccompanied by Qualified Driver, and Class G1 Licence Holder - Carry Front-Seat Passenger.
The driver received a seven-day licence suspension and vehicle seizure as a result of the stunt driving charge.
He is scheduled to appear at in court on August 20, 2018.
- Massive Winning Lotto Prize Ticket Recently Sold in Brampton
- PHOTOS: Massive New Park Set to Open Soon in Brampton
- Are Some Brampton Students Dating to Pay Off Student Loans?
- Brampton House of the Week: $1.1 Million Home with Gorgeous Kitchen
- Brampton Politicians Speak Up On Alleged Sikh Extremism in Canada