Brampton Has Made A Very Unique Top 10 List
It seems that Canada's ninth largest city has made a very interesting list.
Culture Days was created in 2010 in response to the growing recognition that a vibrant arts and cultural sector contributes directly to a healthy and stable society.
Since its official launch, Culture Days has generated enthusiastic interest, participation, and support from a rapidly growing network of artists, organizations, municipalities, as well as the private and public sector and media across the country.
In 2018, the Culture Days weekend took place from September 27 to 29 to recognize communities for promoting public participation and engagement, that:
Thrives on generosity, solidarity, and collaboration.
Values the cultural life of urban and rural communities alike.
Encourages the use of shared resources.
Is produced with a unifying spirit, bringing together the best energies in the country.
Here are the Top 10 in the Overall Ranking of the Top 10 cities and towns for Culture Days in 2018.
10. Brampton, Ontario
9. Calgary, Alberta
8. Portage La Prairie, Manitoba and Richmond, BC
7. Burlington, Ontario and Vancouver, BC
6. Huntsville, Ontario
5. Oakville, Ontario
4. Milton, Ontario
3. Toronto, Ontario
2. Flin Flon, Manitoba
1. Winnipeg, Manitoba
This is a slight drop from the Number 6 spot Brampton took in 2017. The city also made the list for 2018 for cities that have over 500,000 people:
10. Mississauga, Ontario
9. Surrey, BC
8. Hamilton, Ontario
7. Ottawa, Ontario
6. Edmonton, Alberta
5. Brampton, Ontario
4. Calgary, Alberta
3. Vancouver, BC
2. Toronto, Ontario
1. Winnipeg, Manitoba
Meanwhile, nearby Halton Region made the Culture Days list for communities between 50,000 to 499,999 people:
You can see here the previous Culture Day lists dating back to 2013. And here are some additional statistics based on last year's Culture Days.
Brampton first made the list in 2014.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Single vehicle collision in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating big lottery win
- Drugs, firearms, and over 1,000 rounds of ammunition seized from Brampton residence: Police
- Police launch blitz targeting noisy vehicles in Brampton
- Brampton intersection closed after vehicle flipped over, traffic light knocked down
- Brampton Hosts Culture Days Information Session Today
- World's Largest Cultural Consulting Firm Will Lead Part of Brampton's Culture Master Plan
- Brampton Announces New Changes to the City's Recreation, Arts and Culture
- Brampton Beats Mississauga On List Of Canada's Best Communities
- Heritage Canada outlines distribution of $500 million of arts and culture COVID-19 support