Brampton Hip Hop Artist Arrested in Florida
A popular hip hop artist who hails from Brampton is facing drug and firearm-related charges following an arrest in Florida.
Recently, Miramar police announced that 24-year-old Daystar Peterson (better known by the name Tory Lanez) was arrested during a traffic stop in the Broward County area.
According to police, Lanez was charged with carrying a concealed firearm, possession of cannabis, failing to register a motor vehicle, operating a vehicle without a valid licence and failing to provide proof of insurance.
Lanez is fairly well known for his 2016 album “I Told You.” Two of his singles, "Say It" and "Luv" both cracked the Billboard Top 100. Luv also garnered a Grammy nomination.
- Scheduled school strikes suspended this week in Brampton
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton
- Brampton man arrested after catalytic converters cut out from vehicles
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Big Lottery Ticket Win Sold in Brampton
- Brampton man facing charges after police seize loaded firearm
- Firearm Seized During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Brampton Men Arrested for Carrying Guns and Drugs at Traffic Stop
- Two Suspects Charged After Firearm Recovered During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Two People Charged With Drug and Firearm Offences in Brampton