Brampton Hip Hop Artist Arrested in Florida
A popular hip hop artist who hails from Brampton is facing drug and firearm-related charges following an arrest in Florida.
Recently, Miramar police announced that 24-year-old Daystar Peterson (better known by the name Tory Lanez) was arrested during a traffic stop in the Broward County area.
According to police, Lanez was charged with carrying a concealed firearm, possession of cannabis, failing to register a motor vehicle, operating a vehicle without a valid licence and failing to provide proof of insurance.
Lanez is fairly well known for his 2016 album “I Told You.” Two of his singles, "Say It" and "Luv" both cracked the Billboard Top 100. Luv also garnered a Grammy nomination.
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Man in custody after vehicle drives into ditch in Brampton
- Brampton man facing charges after police seize loaded firearm
- Firearm Seized During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Brampton Men Arrested for Carrying Guns and Drugs at Traffic Stop
- Two Suspects Charged After Firearm Recovered During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Two People Charged With Drug and Firearm Offences in Brampton