Brampton Hip Hop Group Movin' Cool drops New Track
Good news, fans of local hip hop!
Brampton hip hop collective Movin’ Cool (B-Magic & Noyz) just dropped a new song entitled “Investigative Reports.”
The track, which was inspired by a GZA (of Wu Tang Clan fame) song of the same name, unpacks police bias against racialized communities and the negative impact the media has in propagating stereotypes and spreading false information.
The song is accompanied by some thought-provoking album artwork, courtesy of local graphic artist Harpreet Singh (@heyharpreet). The song was also produced by both Satnam Singh Chatha for 5 Rivers Entertainment Inc. and Noyz, while the scratches were provided by Doc Bladez.
The track caps off a phenomenal year for Movin’ Cool, having performed at SXSW in Austin, Texas and Canadian Music Week this past May in Toronto. They also got to experience a headlining gig this past summer as part of the Garden Square Summer Concert Series in Brampton.
Peep the song here.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Power outage affecting more than 400 Brampton residents
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Feds pledge $276 million for affordable housing in Brampton