Brampton Hip Hop Group Movin' Cool drops New Track
Good news, fans of local hip hop!
Brampton hip hop collective Movin’ Cool (B-Magic & Noyz) just dropped a new song entitled “Investigative Reports.”
The track, which was inspired by a GZA (of Wu Tang Clan fame) song of the same name, unpacks police bias against racialized communities and the negative impact the media has in propagating stereotypes and spreading false information.
The song is accompanied by some thought-provoking album artwork, courtesy of local graphic artist Harpreet Singh (@heyharpreet). The song was also produced by both Satnam Singh Chatha for 5 Rivers Entertainment Inc. and Noyz, while the scratches were provided by Doc Bladez.
The track caps off a phenomenal year for Movin’ Cool, having performed at SXSW in Austin, Texas and Canadian Music Week this past May in Toronto. They also got to experience a headlining gig this past summer as part of the Garden Square Summer Concert Series in Brampton.
Peep the song here.
- 120 workers test positive for COVID-19 in outbreak on Ontario farm
- Peel police issue dozens of speeding tickets over two-day period in Brampton
- Doug Ford plans to extend state of emergency in Ontario until June 30
- Police searching for single suspect in relation to restaurant robbery in Brampton
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,468 total cases found in Brampton