Brampton homicide suspect found dead
The suspect of a recent homicide in Brampton has been found deceased, police report.
Around 5:49 p.m. on Monday, January 13, officers responded to a report that a deceased person had been located in the green space at Nexus Avenue and Fogal Road, near the intersection of The Gore and Ebenezer Road.
The death was deemed suspicious and the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau began investigating.
The victim was identified as 28 year old Toronto woman Heeral Patel.
On Thursday, January 16, an arrest warrant was issued for 36 year old Toronto man Rakeshbhai Patel, who was wanted for first degree murder.
The following day, on January 17, Rakeshbhai Patel was located deceased in Toronto.
“His death is not being pursued as a criminal investigation,” police say.
At this time, police have not confirmed the relationship between the victim and the now deceased suspect.
Anyone with information related to this investigation is asked to call 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard