Brampton Hosts Culture Days Information Session Today
If you've ever wanted to be a part of Brampton's arts and culture scene, you're in luck!
As Culture Days 2017 approaches, Brampton is inviting members of the community to an information session to discover how they can be a part of the festivities.
Culture Days is a three-day arts and culture event across Canada that raises awareness and engagement in community arts and culture. Volunteer-led events take place in hundreds of towns and cities throughout Canada over the last weekend of September each year.
In 2016, more than half a million people participated in over 2,000 Culture Days activities across 167 communities in Ontario. 82 of these events took place in Brampton, which ranked third amongst Ontario municipalities for the highest number of activities.
Culture Days features hands-on, interactive activities and behind-the-scenes experiences where the public can discover the world of local artists, creators, curators and designers in their communities.
This year, Culture Days takes place September 29 to October 1.
The city is inviting community groups, arts and cultural organizations, and local creative professionals to a Culture Days 2017 Community Information Session on Tuesday, May 16, 2017.
From 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Rose Theatre's Studio Theatre, members of the community are encouraged to come and discover how to be a part of this popular arts and culture event.
The session, aimed at helping participants increase the impact and success of their Culture Days activities, is free and open to all. Representatives of the Ontario Culture Days program, City staff and leaders of local arts and culture organizations will be present at the session.
For more information on Brampton's Culture Days 2017, click here.
- A $1 million lotto ticket was sold in Brampton
- Police searching for missing 16-year-old boy from Brampton
- Road closures in place due to leak in Brampton
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Ontario will need to recall defective licence plates, cabinet minister says
- Brampton Announces New Changes to the City's Recreation, Arts and Culture
- Is Brampton's Arts and Culture Scene About to Change Drastically?
- World's Largest Cultural Consulting Firm Will Lead Part of Brampton's Culture Master Plan
- Popular Culture Festival Returns to Brampton This Summer
- Brampton Approves its First Ever Culture Master Plan