Brampton Intersection Closed Following Collision
An intersection in Brampton has been closed following a collision.
According to police, the collision occurred at the intersection of Charolais Boulevard Chinguacousy Road.
Police say a pedestrian was struck and has been taken to a local hospital.
The intersection has been shut down, pending the extent of injuries.
Police say the pedestrian’s injuries do not appear to be life-threatening at this time.
According to police, the driver involved remained on scene.
It is unknown at this time if there were multiple vehicles involved.
We will provide updates as they become available.
UPDATE (7:49 p.m. Dec. 31): According to police, the roadway has been re-opened. Victim has sustained non-life threatening injuries.
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Police investigating fire in Brampton
- Roads Closed and Peel Police on Scene Following Motor Vehicle Collision in Brampton
- Police and Paramedics on Scene for Pedestrian Struck in Brampton
- Brampton Collision Involving Multiple Vehicles And Pedestrian Results In Road Closure
- Intersection shut down after pedestrian struck in Brampton
- Multiple Vehicles Involved in Collision at Brampton Intersection