Brampton is Officially the Worst Place to Take Your Driving Test in Ontario
Taking your road test is nerve-wracking enough without the added pressure of knowing the failure rate in the city you’re taking it in. But the results are in, and Brampton has some of the highest road test failure rates in all of Ontario!
That’s right, you might have suspected it, and it’s true. Brampton has the highest road test failure rate in Ontario for drivers taking their G2 (53 per cent), and one of the highest road test failure rates for drivers taking their G (41 per cent), according to Google Maps.
Google Maps’ map of the average failure percentage rates at DriveTest locations in Ontario is a colour-coded depiction of failure rates across the province. Those marked in red have a failure rate of over 40 per cent, those in yellow have a failure rate of 39-25 per cent, and those labelled green have a failure rate of less than that.
Following close behind Brampton in the “red” zone are Downsview at 52 per cent failure rate for a G2, and 45 per cent for a G, and Etobicoke at 51 per cent for a G1 and 47 per cent for a G.
Drivers have a better chance of passing in the yellow zone, in cities like Guelph, Hamilton, Orangeville, and Timmins, and in the green zone in cities like Sarnia, Sudbury, and Belleville, if you’re willing to drive that far to take your test.
The easiest place to take a road test (the city with the lowest failure rates) is Kenora at 7 per cent to obtain a G2 license and 16 per cent to obtain a G.
Of course, several factors come into play when it comes to passing your G2 or your G - your abilities as a driver first and foremost. Whether failure rates are high or low at a particular driving centre doesn’t necessarily play a role in whether you’ll pass or fail.
So practice hard and remember to check your blind spots.
Best of luck to anyone taking a road test in Brampton and beyond!
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- Brampton school goes into lockdown after student seen with gun
- Convenience store robbed, cashier assaulted in Brampton
- Here's where Brampton ranks on the list of the most dangerous cities in Canada
- Police investigating stabbing near Main Street in Brampton
- Thousands of Hyundai and Kia Vehicles Recalled for Possible Engine Failure
- Ontario Government To Test Future Teachers In Math Before Getting Their License
- The Drive Clean Test Has Officially Been Eliminated in Ontario
- Brampton Pays The Highest Auto Insurance Rates In Ontario, Report
- Five Brampton Students Graduate With 100 Per Cent Average