Brampton issues 56 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
At a May 27 conference, Mayor Patrick Brown discussed additional measures to help cope with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and provided details on the latest physical distancing fines issued in the City of Brampton.
Today's conference featured Mayor Patrick Brown, Councillor Harkirat Singh and Dr. Lawrence Loh, Interim Medical Officer of Health, Peel Region.
During the announcement, Brown further discussed the importance of physical distancing and Councillor Singh provided details on the reasons behind the latest fines issued within the City of Brampton.
Between May 19 and 25, there were a total of 56 charges laid under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act.
“We saw an increase in complaints received for residential social gatherings from 163 to 291 this past week,” said Singh. “As a result, 25 charges were laid.”
Additionally, 27 charges were laid related to parking lot gatherings, according to Singh.
“One particular evening, 23 charges were laid by bylaw enforcement officers who partnered with Peel Regional Police to respond to these gatherings,” added Singh.
Singh went on to state that there was also one charge issued for an unlicensed business selling produce in a parking lot, as well as three charges for using equipment at a park.
“We know that as this goes on longer and the weather gets warmer, it makes it even more difficult to not see family and friends,” said Singh.
“I want to encourage everyone to think of one another, to think of your own family and to think of your community to stop the spread of COVID-19 in Brampton.”
“Let’s protect the safety of our community and emerge from this stronger together,” concluded Singh.
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Ontario reports 491 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase in months
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Brampton issues 12 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Brampton issues 56 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton issues 127 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton issues 30 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Brampton issues 55 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak