Brampton Lawyer arrested for defrauding clients
A Brampton lawyer has been arrested for defrauding the public.
Investigators from the Fraud Bureau have arrested 63-year-old Shawn Kelly Campbell, a lawyer from Georgetown who had a legal practice in Brampton that specialized in family law, real estate, wills and estates.
Campbell was arrested for defrauding clients by withholding funds from their Estate Wills.
The investigation started after several unrelated victims came forward and accused Campbell of withholding funds in trust accounts from being dispersed to them after the death of their loved ones.
Peel Regional Police believe there may be more victims, and anyone with relevant information is asked to contact the Fraud Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3335.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or visiting their website.
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Brampton collision sends man to hospital; closes Steeles Ave
- Ontario looks into licence plate defect weeks after new decals released
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Plane's landing gear malfunctions at Pearson Airport