Brampton Library Closing Well-Known Digital Service
Changes are coming to Brampton Library’s current eBook and eAudiobook offerings.
The last day to borrow books on the current Overdrive/Libby service was on February 18, with the service permanently shutting down on March 19.
As the saying goes, however, “when one door closes, another opens.” Or in this case, another book.
Brampton Library announced that it will be moving forward with the new cloudLibrary service, and investing in its continued growth.
The reasoning behind making cloudLibrary the one-stop, go-to system for eBooks & eAudiobooks was data-driven, acknowledging that the landscape for digital content consumption was changing as fast as consumer needs and expectations.
This was also primarily measured on the rising demand for more titles, copies, and content overall.
Users of the current Overdrive/Libby platform should be aware that once the system shuts down for good, all their information associated with their account will be eliminated.
All matters regarding the switchover, both on the Overdrive/Libby and cloudLibrary models, accessibility, and compatibility issues, can be found here.
Have you tried out the cloudLibrary service yet, and are you excited about its potential, Brampton?
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- All lanes closed on a major highway in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Major phone scam affecting Brampton; residents warned not to call back
- UPDATE: Mental health crisis prompts major highway and road closures in Brampton