Brampton LRT construction to begin in 2020
The City of Brampton is excited by Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx's announcement that Mobilinx has officially signed the contract to build, design, operate, finance and maintain the Hurontario Light Rail Transit (LRT) project.
It is expected that major construction will begin in early 2020 and completed by 2024. Currently, discussions are being held by city staff and Metrolinx in regard to the relocation of the Brampton Gateway LRT stop to the north side of the Hurontario/Steeles intersection.
Following those discussions, a report to Council is expected.
The city of Brampton has been working alongside Metrolinx as well as the city of Mississauga, in regard to implementing the Hurontario LRT from Port Credit GO to Brampton Gateway Terminal.
This will be an important part of the transportation network, as it will provide Brampton and the Greater Toronto and Hamilton areas with reliable and convenient transit.
- These stores are now open at Bramalea City Centre in Brampton
- Brampton principal temporarily removed for 'xenophobic and racist' remark
- Creators of 6ixBuzz possibly doxed via social media
- House struck during two-vehicle collision in Brampton
- Premier Doug Ford reveals Brampton is "hot spot" for COVID-19