Brampton Man Accused of Beating Victim With Wrench
A 27-year-old Brampton man is facing charges after a house party went awry in Caledon, sending a man to hospital.
“The victim was struck with a lug wrench,” said OPP Const. Tamara Schubert on Tuesday morning.
The incident took place on Dec. 17 at 1:14 a.m.
That’s when Ontario Provincial Police were sent to a home on Innis Lake Rd., north of Mayfield Rd. in Caledon East.
A 22-year-old Orangeville man had serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
“Many of the injuries identified were to the head and neck region,” said Schubert, adding the victim “has since been released from hospital.”
Pawanjit Singh Bassi is charged with assault causing bodily harm and assault with a weapon.
Bassi is scheduled to appear in Orangeville court on Jan. 18.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Const. Chris Teasdale of the Caledon OPP detachment at (905) 584-2241 or toll free at 1-888-310-1122.
You can also provide information anonymously by contacting Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, by texting 274637 (CRIMES) with the words "PEEL plus your tip information", or going online to www.peelcrimestoppers.ca. When you contact Crime Stoppers, you are never identified; you never give your name; and you never have to testify in court.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- All lanes closed on a major highway in Brampton
- Major phone scam affecting Brampton; residents warned not to call back
- UPDATE: Mental health crisis prompts major highway and road closures in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged After Man Sustained Serious Injuries at a House Party
- OPP Identify 19-Year-Old Brampton Man As Victim Of Fatal Caledon Collision
- Brampton Man Facing Robbery and Aggravated Assault Charges
- Brampton Man Charged Committing and Filming Sexual Assault
- UPDATED: Brampton Drive-By Shooting Sends Victim to Hospital