Brampton Man and Co-Workers Enjoying Big Lotto Win
Winning the lottery is a dream for a lot of people - and for these GTA residents, it has become a reality!
A group of eight co-workers just won a whopping $367,156.40 playing Lotto Max, says OLG. The group won in the February 16, 2018, draw.
They’ve been playing for about eight months, according to group leader Karen Watt.
Watt was the first to find out the group win.
"It was a surreal feeling - I started shaking!" she said. Watt says one of the first things she did was call her boss.
"I told her to make sure that everyone was coming in on Tuesday. When she asked why, I told her that we all had to take a trip to the OLG Prize Centre!"
The lucky eight have some logical and fun plans for their winnings, including paying off bills and student loans, sharing the cash with family, and travelling.
"We are going to continue playing the lottery together," said Karen.
The winning ticket was purchased at Oakville Gardens Variety on Sixth Line in Oakville.
Here are the winners:
- Karen Watt of Oakville
- Eugen Vizitiu of Mississauga
- Garth Darlington of Brampton
- Iqbal Singh of Toronto
- Jeffrey Hilroy of Toronto
- Kevin Barretto of Ajax
- Moriah Christoff of Toronto
- Stacey Flood of Mississauga
Front: Iqbal, Eugen, Stacey
Back: Garth, Jeffrey, Karen, Kevin, Moriah
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Professor’s Lake and more to reopen in Brampton this week
- Some regions moving into Stage 3 as Ontario continues its path to economic recovery
- 116 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 29 new cases found in Brampton