Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer
Two people are facing charges following a recent incident involving a stolen vehicle.
Around 11:50 p.m. on Thursday, August 6, police say a male was seen on a motorcycle in the area of Mavis Road and Central Parkway in Mississauga, with further investigation revealing that licence plate on the vehicle was allegedly stolen.
"During the arrest the officer was assaulted," said police. "The officer did not sustain any serious injuries during the arrest."
27 year old Brampton man Anthony Chatzimanolakis was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Operation While Prohibited
- Assault With Intent to Resist Arrest
- Drive Under Suspension
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance
20 year old Mississauga woman Natasha Blazys was arrested and charged with:
- Obstruct Peace Officer
- Assault with Intent to Resist Arrest
Chatzimanolakis was held for a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Friday, August 7, while Blazys was released on an undertaking and is set to appear in court in November.
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Two Brampton man face charges after woman is struck by car
- COVID-19 hits more schools amid growing fears of pandemic’s second wave
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Brampton Men Charged After Stolen Vehicle Crash
- Impaired Brampton Man Charged After Fleeing From Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Brampton Teens Charged After Allegedly Fleeing from Stolen Vehicle into Farmer's Field
- OPP Arrest And Charge Brampton Man With Possession Of Stolen Property
- Man arrested after string of break-ins and vehicle thefts in Mississauga and Brampton