Brampton Man Arrested After Allegedly Hugging Women and Stealing Their Purses
A Brampton man has been arrested and charged for alleged street robberies in Brampton, say Peel Regional Police.
Police say that on Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at around 11:39 p.m., a man reportedly approached a 36-year-old woman in the area of Sunny Meadow Boulevard and Sandalwood Parkway.
“The male placed the victim in a bear hug and fled the area with her purse,” police said in a recent statement.
Police say that about a month later, on Thursday January 4, 2018, around 10:25 p.m., a man reportedly approached a 44-year-old woman in the area of Bramalea Road and Sandalwood Parkway in Brampton.
According to police, “The male placed the victim in a bear hug, forcefully took her purse and fled the area.”
Shemar Thompson, 21, of Brampton has been arrested and charged with two counts of robbery.
Thompson will appear in court sometime in February.
Anyone with information regarding this incidentis asked to call investigators of 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting Peel Crime Stoppers or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Teen Arrested After Woman Assaulted in Brampton
- Four Teens Arrested Following Alleged Stabbing and Robbery in Brampton
- Suspects Fled As Police Investigate Peel's Fourth Murder Of The Year
- Police Arrest Brampton Male in Animal Cruelty Investigation
- Man Arrested After Brandishing Machete During Road Rage Incident in Brampton