Brampton Man Arrested After Standoff With Police
A Brampton man has been arrested following an hours-long standoff with Guelph police.
Police report that on April 4 at approximately 11:56 p.m., officers responded to a disturbance involving a man and woman at an Applewood Crescent residence in Guelph. According to police, weapons were involved.
When officers arrived on scene, a woman was located, unharmed, outside the home. Police say they attempted to speak with the man inside the residence, but he refused to come outside. The Tactics and Rescue Unit attended the call as a result.
Police say that at approximately 8:56 a.m., a 31-year-old Brampton man was taken into police custody with minor injuries.
He was transported to hospital and will be held in custody for a bail hearing.
Police say he will be charged with two counts of assault, two counts of assault with a weapon and weapons dangerous to the public peace.
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton
- Heavy snow warning issued for Brampton
- Brampton student selected to earn prestigious award
- Police looking for two suspects in connection to a robbery in Brampton
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton