Brampton Man Arrested for Assaulting Bus Driver
Police have made an arrest following an assault that took place in Brampton.
The incident happened in the early hours of Sunday, November 4 on a city transit bus at Bovaird and Van Kirk Drive.
Police say a male boarded the bus around 12:49 a.m. and refused to pay.
When the transit driver stopped the bus and asked the male to pay or get off, the male allegedly kicked and punched the driver, causing minor injuries.
On December 8, police arrested 22 year old Brampton man Winston Watkins.
He is charged with assault and mischief under $5000.
Watkins was released and is scheduled to appear in court in January 2019.
- Officers on Scene After Dead Body Found in Brampton
- Convicted Sex Offender Living in Brampton Area: Police
- What Are Your Actual Rights When Police Stop You?
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- ARMED KIDNAPPING: Police Searching for Male Kidnapped by Three Masked Men