Brampton Man Arrested for Assaulting Bus Driver
Police have made an arrest following an assault that took place in Brampton.
The incident happened in the early hours of Sunday, November 4 on a city transit bus at Bovaird and Van Kirk Drive.
Police say a male boarded the bus around 12:49 a.m. and refused to pay.
When the transit driver stopped the bus and asked the male to pay or get off, the male allegedly kicked and punched the driver, causing minor injuries.
On December 8, police arrested 22 year old Brampton man Winston Watkins.
He is charged with assault and mischief under $5000.
Watkins was released and is scheduled to appear in court in January 2019.
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- Charges laid after stolen vehicle causes collision in Brampton
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- Additional charges laid in fatal Brampton collision that killed mother and three children
- Brampton's mandatory face-covering bylaw to be extended until 2021