Brampton Man Arrested for Assaulting Bus Driver
Police have made an arrest following an assault that took place in Brampton.
The incident happened in the early hours of Sunday, November 4 on a city transit bus at Bovaird and Van Kirk Drive.
Police say a male boarded the bus around 12:49 a.m. and refused to pay.
When the transit driver stopped the bus and asked the male to pay or get off, the male allegedly kicked and punched the driver, causing minor injuries.
On December 8, police arrested 22 year old Brampton man Winston Watkins.
He is charged with assault and mischief under $5000.
Watkins was released and is scheduled to appear in court in January 2019.
- School Under Lockdown for Student with Gun in Brampton
- Here's Why Some Brampton Residents Are Moving Towards Homes in Bigger Cities
- VIDEO: Tractor Trailer Collision Affecting Highway Traffic in Brampton
- New Air Passenger Protection Regulations Now in Effect in Canada
- It’s Going to Feel Like 44 Degrees in Brampton This Week