Brampton man arrested for attempted murder
Investigators from the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have charged a 19-year-old Brampton man in relation to a stabbing investigation.
On Saturday, January 18, 2020, the victim, a 20-year-old man from Mississauga, was at a convention centre in Brampton in the area of Steeles Avenue East and Airport Road.
At approximately 2:00 a.m., a large fight involving more than 10 people erupted in the parking lot of the convention centre.
Police say the suspect took out a knife and stabbed the victim several times.
The victim was transported to a trauma centre. His injuries were determined serious but non-life threatening.
On Thursday, January 23, 2020, members of the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau executed a search warrant at a Brampton address.
As a result, Dilkirat Dhaliwal, a 19-year-old man from Brampton, was arrested and charged with Attempted Murder.
He was held for a bail hearing and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice.
Anyone with information relating to this incident is asked to contact the Peel Regional Police Criminal Investigations Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Ontario looks into licence plate defect weeks after new decals released
- Brampton collision sends man to hospital; closes Steeles Ave
- Man Charged in Relation to Attempted Murder Case in Brampton
- Brampton Man Arrested Following Attempted Murder and Firearms Offences
- Suspect Arrested Following Criminal Harassment Investigation in Brampton
- Man Arrested in Connection with Attempted Murder in Brampton
- Man Charged With Attempted Murder in Brampton