Brampton Man Arrested for Eight Robberies
A police investigation has lead to the arrest of a man suspected of eight separate robberies, half of which took place in Brampton.
The robberies occurred between March 23 and April 5, 2018. The suspect allegedly targeted five banks, two financial services companies, and one commercial business.
Four of the robberies took place in Brampton, with three taking place in Toronto and one in Vaughn.
On Friday, April 6, police arrested 21 year old Brampton man Lav Chopra. He is charged with eight counts of robbery and eight counts of disguise with intent.
Chopra attended a bail hearing on April 7 at the Ontario Court of Justice.
Anyone with any additional info regarding this investigation is asked to call police at 905-453-2121 ext. 3410.
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Brampton remains reasonably-priced for tenants: Report