Brampton Man Arrested for Fraud
Police have arrested and charged a Brampton man in connection with a fraud incident.
In August 2017, police allege that Darshan Dhaliwal, 42, met with a female Brampton resident and advised her that he would be able to double her money if she invested in him.
Police say Dhaliwal obtained a large quantity of money and jewelry from the victim. After not receiving anything in return, the victim contacted police.
On Wednesday, June 27, 2018, Dhaliwal was arrested and charged with fraud over $5000.
The approximate total value of cash and jewelry defrauded is $74,000, according to police.
Investigators believe there may be other victims who have not yet come forward.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to contact Peel Police’s Fraud Investigators at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3335.
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Ontario reports 491 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase in months
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Despite fewer drivers on the road, Canadian auto insurance rates increase during second quarter of 2020