Brampton man arrested in connection to fatal collision involving 18-month-old boy
Peel Regional Police (PRP) has made an arrest in connection to a collision that claimed the life of an 18-month-old boy in Mississauga.
On August 12, a delivery driver operating a van allegedly hit the young boy who was with his mother while trying to exit the parking lot of an apartment complex on Confederation Parkway.
The boy suffered life-threatening injuries, and was transported to hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
On September 14, investigators with the Major Collision Bureau arrested 25-year-old Arshdeep Oathi from Brampton.
Oathi was charged with Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Death and released on an Undertaking.
He is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in the City of Brampton on November 16, 2020.
Anyone with relevant information is urged to contact the Major Collision Bureau at 905-453-2121, extension 3710.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or visiting their website.
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Police searching for missing 15-year-old girl from Brampton
- Youth charged following fatal collision in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged in Relation to Collision Involving Pedestrian in Mississauga
- Man charged in fatal fail to remain collision in Brampton
- Police seeking witnesses after toddler allegedly struck and killed by Brampton man's delivery truck
- Arrest Made Following Fatal Brampton Collision