Brampton man celebrating a big lotto win
Julio Peters of Brampton just won $125,000 in the February 7, 2020, MIDDAY draw.
"I had to take an aspirin to make sure I wasn't having a heart attack!" the 54-year old business consultant told OLG.
"I was shocked. I felt like I would have a winning ticket, but I never expected this amount," he said.
Peters is a regular Keno player and has had a few big wins in the past but none like this one, according to OLG.
The father of one plans to let his winnings sink in before determining his next steps.
"The value of the freedom and breathing space that comes with this win is immeasurable. The reality is so much better than the dream," Peters concluded.
The winning ticket was purchased at Petro Canada on Britannia Road in Mississauga.
Photo courtesy of OLG
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Trudeau, Morneau, Telford must resign, or trigger an election: Blanchet
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton