Brampton Man Celebrating Exciting Lotto Win
A Brampton man is celebrating an early—and pretty substantial—Christmas present.
OLG recently announced that Gabriel Listov is excited after winning $126,339.10 in the November 3, 2017 Lotto Max draw.
"A couple days after the draw, I checked my ticket on the self-checker while my wife and I were at the grocery store," Listov told OLG at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "When I saw the words 'Big Winner' I froze! And then I checked it a couple more times."
Listov, a machinist, found his wife in the store and shared the good news with her immediately.
"She couldn't believe it," he said.
The couple have a few plans for their windfall.
"This win will help with our retirement. But we also would like to take a trip to the Caribbean or Hawaii - we're actually not sure what to do first."
Since its launch in September 2009, Ontario Lotto Max players have won over $4 billion in prizes, including 54 jackpot wins and 376 winning Maxmillions tickets from all across the province.
The winning ticket was purchased at George's Convenience on Peter Robertson Boulevard in Brampton.
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Street race results in car crashing into Brampton home
- Tornado watch in effect for Brampton
- "The justice system failed us": Mayor Patrick Brown angrily responds after Brampton shooting leaves woman dead
- Arrests made in double stabbing at Brampton apartment