Brampton Man Charged After Guns Seized by Police
Two Peel men are facing charges following a police investigation.
Peel police recently announced that the force's Street Crime Gang Unit concluded a firearms investigation that resulted in the seizure of two guns and numerous charges.
Police report that on Tuesday, May 30 at approximately 3:55 p.m., the Street Crime Gang Unit and tactical officers stopped a vehicle in the West Drive area in Brampton. Police say a loaded firearm was discovered inside the vehicle, along with drugs.
As part of the investigation, a search warrant was subsequently executed at a Mississauga residence. During that search, another gun was seized.
Police report that 27-year-old Mississauga man Rushsean James and 21-year-old Brampton man Dwight Bernard-Christie were arrested and charged with numerous offences, including unauthorized possession of a firearm, careless storage of a firearm, possession for the purpose of trafficking and more. James is also facing dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and flight from police charges.
James and Bernard-Christie have been held for a Special Bail Hearing.
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Family Following Double Murder-Suicide In Brampton
- A Brampton-Based Healthcare Project Is Expanding To Other Cities Across Ontario
- Peel Police Asking For Public's Help To Locate Pregnant 34-Year-Old Woman
- Police Looking For Brampton Man Wanted For Numerous Firearm Offences
- Loaded Firearm and Drugs Seized in Brampton
- Man Facing Charges After Loaded Gun Seized During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Three Charged With Numerous Gun and Firearm-Related Offenses in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged After Gun, Drugs Seized by Police
- Peel Police Seize Loaded Gun and Large Quantity of Drugs