Brampton Man Charged After Loaded Gun and $10K Seized in Drug Case
A Brampton man is one of two suspects facing numerous gun and drug-related charges after being arrested in Mississauga with a loaded gun.
Peel police officers from the neighbourhood policing unit stopped the men near Hurontario St. and Dundas St. on Aug. 29 at 4:25 p.m.
The suspects were involved in a drug-related incident, say police.
Officers found the gun - a Para Ordnance P16-40 or .40 calibre semi-automatic handgun - plus more than $10,000 cash.
Cocaine and heroin with a street value of $4,600 were also seized from the suspects.
Aaron Deniese, 27, of Sudbury, and Rimzan Lye, 26, of Brampton, are facing several charges.
They were held for bail hearings scheduled on Wednesday at the Brampton courthouse.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Brampton is Renaming Some of its Neighbourhoods
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
- Brampton Man Charged in Connection With Five Shootings
- Brampton Man Celebrating Following Huge Lotto Win
- Brampton Ranked Ontario's Most Expensive City for Car Insurance Again
- Peel Police Seize Loaded Gun and Large Quantity of Drugs
- Brampton Man Charged After Loaded Gun Seized During Traffic Stop
- Man Facing Charges After Loaded Gun Seized During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Three Charged With Numerous Gun and Firearm-Related Offenses in Brampton
- Drugs and Guns Seized Following Major Drug Bust in the GTA